Please note, the deadline for submission of abstracts and case studies has now passed. If you have any queries about an abstract, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case Studies should be submitted by email to email@example.com and will be considered for presentation at the ITS Case Study Forum on Thursday evening, 9th November 2017. Click here for further details.
Abstracts should be submitted as a word document via the web form below and structured as follows:
- A descriptive title in Bolded Times New Roman 12 point.
- The initials and surname of the author(s) without titles or degrees should appear below the title.
- The department(s), institution(s) and city(ies)/town(s) should be listed next.
- The abstract should be of the informative type containing four paragraphs but without any subtitles or headings:
- Specify the purpose of the study and include a brief background statement.
- Outline the methods used, for example study design, population, statistical test(s).
- Summarise the results of the study and include key statistical data.
- Outline the main implication(s) of the study. It is not satisfactory, for example, to state: “results will be discussed”.
- The abstract must not exceed 200 words – excluding the title, authors(s) name(s), address(es), and any references.
- The text (of letter quality) should be single spaced.
- The font should be Times New Roman 12 Point. The abstract must have no more than one table or figure.
- When using abbreviations, spell out the full name on first mention. Avoid excessive use of abbreviations.
- Up to two references in the Vancouver style can be included. Potential conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
Prize Giving Ceremony
Prizes will be awarded for the best oral and poster presentations. Please indicate if your abstract is to be considered for an award by ticking the box below. If you or a senior author are unable to commit to being present at the Prize Giving Ceremony on Saturday 11th November at 13.00 please do not tick this box.
Publication of abstracts
If for publication, the abstract must not have been published elsewhere in abstract or other form. Selected abstracts will be published in the Irish Journal of Medical Science, subject to editorial approval, unless otherwise indicated. Please confirm your abstract is for publication by ticking the box below.