We are delighted to announce that the Irish Thoracic Society Annual Scientific Meeting 2018 will take place in the Hastings Europa Hotel Belfast on the 23rd and 24th November. The call for abstracts is now open. The deadline for submission is Friday 10th August 2018.
Case Studies should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be considered for presentation at the ITS Case Study Forum on Thursday evening, 22ndNovember 2018. Click here for further details.
Abstracts should be submitted as a word document via the web form below and structured as follows:
- A descriptive title in Bolded Times New Roman 12 point.
- The initials and surname of the author(s) without titles or degrees should appear below the title.
- The department(s), institution(s) and city(ies)/town(s) should be listed next.
- The abstract should be of the informative type containing four paragraphs but without any subtitles or headings:
- Specify the purpose of the study and include a brief background statement.
- Outline the methods used, for example study design, population, statistical test(s).
- Summarise the results of the study and include key statistical data.
- Outline the main implication(s) of the study. It is not satisfactory, for example, to state: “results will be discussed”.
- The abstract must not exceed 200 words – excluding the title, authors(s) name(s), address(es), and any references.
- The text (of letter quality) should be single spaced.
- The font should be Times New Roman 12 Point. The abstract must have no more than one table or figure.
- When using abbreviations, spell out the full name on first mention. Avoid excessive use of abbreviations.
- Up to two references in the Vancouver style can be included. Potential conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
Prize Giving Ceremony
Prizes will be awarded for the best oral and poster presentations. If you wish to be considered for a prize please ensure that a senior author can be present at the Prize Giving Ceremony on Saturday 24th November at 13.00. Please indicate if your abstract is to be considered for an award by ticking the relevant box below.
Publication of abstracts
If you wish your abstract to be considered for publication, it must not have been published elsewhere in abstract or other form. Selected abstracts will be published in the Irish Journal of Medical Science, subject to editorial approval, unless otherwise indicated. Please indicate your abstract is for publication by ticking the relevant box below.