The deadline for submission of Abstracts and Case Studies is 5pm on Monday 16th August 2021. Please read the submission guidelines carefully.
Case Submissions and Guidelines
Case Studies should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Guidelines:
- it must not exceed 100 words excluding the authors(s) name(s), address(es), and any references;
- case study abstracts should not be sent through the website abstract submission system but by email to the above address only.
Abstract Submissions and Guidelines
Abstracts should be submitted as a MS Word document, via the web form, and structured as follows:
TITLE: Abstract Title in Bold Font with Sentence Caps, Calibri (Body) 12 Point Font
Authors: FirstName Surname1, FirstName Surname2, FirstName Surname3
Affiliations: Primary Employer/Institution name and Location
Content of Abstract – BLOCK PARAGRAPHS with no headings or sub-headings.
The abstract must adhere to the following guidelines:
- it must not exceed 200 words excluding the title, authors(s) name(s), address(es), and any references;
- ensure the author(s) name(s) are spelled correctly and are in the order they will appear in the publication.
- Affiliations should include the Employer/Institution name and location, department names can be omitted.
- the Calibri (Body) 12 point font should be used consistently throughout.
- The abstract should be of the informative type containing paragraphs, but without any subtitles or sub-headings;
- the abstract must have no more than one table or figure; if necessary they should be in a single-column format 86mm and not wider than 178mm.
- Trademarks: generic drug names are preferable to trademarked, brand-named drugs; where brand or trade names are included the manufacturer names and locations are also required.
- References should be avoided; where cited and necessary it is acceptable to provide abbreviated references with the DOI or web links to sources.
- * Potential conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
Specify the purpose of the study and include a brief background statement. Outline the methods used, for example study design, population, statistical test(s). Summarise the results of the study and include key statistical data.
Outline the main implication(s) of the study. It is not satisfactory, for example, to state: “results will be discussed”. When using abbreviations, spell out the full name on first mention. Avoid excessive use of abbreviations. The text (of letter quality) should be single spaced.
*Supplementary note on disclosures from SpringerNature:
“All authors are responsible for recognizing and disclosing any conflict of interest that could be perceived to bias their work, making known all financial support, grants, and any other personal connections. Biographical descriptions should be avoided but we do want transparency, delivered in a concise and full sentence.”
PLEASE NOTE, BEFORE SUBMISSION:
- All materials must be original and not previously published.
- If accepted, your abstract will appear in the Irish Journal of Medical Science – online version. Your abstract will not be copy-edited – please ensure that any unusual abbreviations are defined and that you have checked the text of your submission carefully.
- You will not be able to edit your abstract when the closing date has passed so please check your submission carefully to ensure that the content is correct and that there are no errors in author names or institutions.
- If your abstract is accepted, one of the authors must attend the Annual Scientific Meeting. The abstract should not be submitted if the authors know this is not possible.
- The submitting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.