Membership of the Irish Thoracic Society is open to all healthcare professionals involved in the care of people with chronic or acute respiratory diseases on the island of Ireland.
Membership of the ITS now includes an option for Dual Membership with the ERS. In addition to benefits already enjoyed by ITS members (discounted registration for the society’s meetings, access to educational resources and ongoing updates on ITS activities and issues relating to respiratory medicine and healthcare), benefits of ERS membership include:
- Electronic access to the European Respiratory Journal (ERJ) and to other magazines published by ERS: European Respiratory Review (ERR), Breathe and ERS Monograph. It will also offer all its publications in a printed version to all interested members of ITS at a special price
- The ERS Weekly Bulletin
- ERS and ITS will cooperate proactively to provide ITS members with access to the ERS Educational Services, both online and in person
- ITS members may take part in the constitutional meetings of the ERS, they may vote and be voted for. They can be elected for any post up to the Meeting Head without any restrictions owing to the habitual place of residence. They will also be entitled to any leadership position, including ERS President, provided that they have their main residence in Europe as specified in the Constitution and the ERS Articles of Association in its latest approved version
- The members of the ITS Management Board, of its governing bodies and other ITS members may be considered for election as the prestigious Fellow of the ERS (FERS)
- ITS members may take part in the ERS workshops, courses and symposia.
Membership is divided into four categories:
Ordinary Membership: respiratory physicians, thoracic surgeons, internal medicine physicians, paediatricians, general practitioners….
Associate Membership: Specialist Registrars/trainee doctors
Affiliate Membership: Allied Health Professionals who specialise or have an interest in respiratory healthcare including nurses, physiotherapists, respiratory scientists, pharmacists, nutritionists etc.
Joint ANAIL/Irish Thoracic Society Members
To apply for membership simply download the relevant form and return it to:
The Irish Thoracic Society, Creidim Centre, Central Park, Leopardstown Road, Dublin 18, D18 FF64.
Membership subscriptions can be paid by Direct Debit. Simply download and complete the Direct Debit Mandate for your jurisdiction and return with your application form. Other means of payment are also available such as cheque and credit card (please phone the Irish Thoracic Society to pay by credit card).